OVERVIEWLocated in the heart of Hillsborough County (shown above- ranked 30th largest county in the U.S.), Tampa has been ranked in the Top 25 Fastest Growing Cities in the U.S. (Forbes Fastest Growing Cities of 2018) – and Tampa/St. Petersburg was recently also ranked by PWC’s 2023 Emerging Trends in Real Estate as the nation’s #5 Overall Real Estate Prospect. Billions have being invested by investors such as Bill Gates and former Hedge Fund Manager, Jeff Vinik (owner of Tampa Bay Lightning hockey team). Other major investors have followed. Growth has also been driven by the redevelopment of the riverfront area along the river’s edge of downtown Tampa with the addition of water taxis, Tampa’s riverfront center, and riverfront parks, restaurants and social centers such as Sparkman’s Wharf and Armature Works. Major plans are being developed for enhancement of existing transportation as well as new forms of transportation to compliment the area’s future growth, including a new rail line from Orlando airport to Tampa which received a federal grant in 2022 (Brightline-Virgin Rail, owned by Virgin Group/Richard Branson). Tampa is considered to be a commerce city, but is also quickly becoming a cultural and “active” city. Metropolitan plans and current development also includes plans for the addition of miles of biking and walking paths to various local neighborhoods to make it a more pedestrian and bike-friendly city. Just take a drive around the downtown Tampa area and note the multiple cranes and construction barrels that continue to support new development. Despite the increase in interest rates, growth and sales activity continue here. Call us for detailed information on investment opportunities in this continually growing city. We regularly show our clients around this area, highlighting all the fun and interesting things to do.
St. Pete/Tampa Metro AreasOver the past 5 years, Tampa/St. Petersburg market has been on the radar nationally, driven by real estate development and winning sports teams (dubbed “Champa Bay” by many) with the 2020 Buccaneers’ SuperBowl win, multiple Stanley Cups (2020 & 2021, Finals-2022) and 2020 Amer. League Pennant/World Series-runner up). Among “18-hr. cities” (or secondary markets), the Tampa/St. Petersburg market was listed in the top 10 “U.S. Markets to Watch”, according to the 2019 Urban Land Institute-PWC Emerging Trends in Real Estate Report (see page 37), ranking #10 in the “Overall Real Estate Prospects” and #2 in “Homebuilding Prospects”. Tampa/St. Pete was also ranked #12 in “Development/ Redevelopment Opportunities” – and was most recently ranked by PWC’s 2023 Emerging Trends in Real Estate as the nation’s #5 Overall Real Estate Prospect.
- Condos (hi-rise)
- Most housing is located in South Tampa (see above), Davis Island, and Harbor Island
- Public Parks/Playgrounds w/Spraygrounds
- Waterfront Parks/Fishing Piers
- Public Boat Ramps
- Bayshore Blvd. Walking/Jogging/Biking/Rollerblading Path along Hillsborough Bay
- Cultural Scene
- Riverwalk area with Water Taxis, Water Sports
- USF Morsani College of Medicine and Heart Institute – Opened Fall 2019
- University of Tampa (Private University) – 10,000+ Students
- Hillsborough River – Kayaking, Boating Downtown Festivals
- Tampa Bay Lighting Team (National Hockey League/NHL) – 20,500-Amelie Arena
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team (National Football League/NFL) – 65,618-seat Raymond James Stadium
- Spring Training Home for the New York Yankees (Major Leage Baseball/MLB) – 11,026-seat George Steinbrenner Stadium
- Airport = 20 mins.
- Beaches = 45 mins.
- Reg’l Mall & Major Shopping = 10 mins.
- Hospital = 5 mins.
OTHER PHOTOS OF AREA
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.